Old versionsSee all
WinOne® is a Command Language Interpreter (CLI), similar in concept to the shells cmd.exe and command.com, except that WinOne® has been designed to enable you to get the most out of your Windows operating System.
WinOne® attempts to make Windows easier to use and to make you more productive when there is a need to work at the command line level or when there is a need to write a batch program. WinOne® provides a rich set of commands and batch commands, including additional convenience functions accessed via the System Menu. Essentially, WinOne® provides a very powerful working environment, without sacrificing the flexibility and control you get from working at the command line level.
- Many dos commands supported.
- Many standard and additional dos batch commands.
- Supported operating systems include 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP and Win32s.
- Custom Colours and ANSI graphics.
- Full IBM graphics character set. Use the ACS command to display the full character set.
- Full edit key functionality, including the tab key (UNIX like), which expands incomplete path, file, command or macro names currently being typed at the WinOne® prompt.
- Multiple Commands. More than one command can be entered on a single line.
- Powerful command grouping using both braces and brackets.
- I/O redirection for WinOne® commands and all text mode type programs.
- Archive file support for ZIP, LZH, ARJ, ARC. Use the ARCH command to view files inside archive files.
- Smart delete (eg. RMDIR /S and DEL / S). These commands will process sub-directories.
- Smart insertion of program files into Program Manager groups, by using the GROUP command.
- Many Extra Commands (eg. WHICH, WHERE etc.).
- Automatic directory changing. There is no need to use the CD or CDD commands, simply enter the directory at the WinOne® prompt and press the return key.
- External Command support. External commands are simply programs that use WinOne® for their input and output. External commands are written using either C or C .
- Command line history buffer. Stores the last 64 command lines entered at the WinOne® prompt. Use the HISTORY command to display the list.
- File Extension Associations. Associates a program(s) to a file extension. Use the EXTENSION command to manipulate file extension associations.
- Command Line Macro's. Enables sequences of commands to be grouped together. Use the MACRO command to manipulate macro's.
- File and directory descriptions, up to 128 characters. Use the DESCRIBE command to manipulate file descriptions.
- User Definable Buttons. A button bar running along the top of the WinOne® window allows frequently run programs to be accessed quickly.
- 43 predefined button images and unlimited custom images. Custom images are created from icons stored inside .EXE, .DLL and .ICO files.
- A screen buffer, which can store 150 to 2500 lines of scroll back.
- Clipboard copy and paste.
- Variable Font Sizes. Set different font sizes for the WinOne® Window. Use the Fonts... option in the system menu to change font sizes.
- Easy access to the configuration files, AUTOEXEC.BAT, CONFIG.SYS and all .INI files. Use the System Edit... option in the system menu.
- Fast access to Program Manager or Explorer programs. Use the Programs option in the system menu to run these programs.
- Status Bar, which displays the current time, bytes free and a percentage done indicator for currently executing commands.
- Drive Bar, which displays all the disk drives along the bottom of the WinOne® windows.
- WinOne® can be set as the default start up shell, replacing the Program Manager.
- WinOne® is mail aware. When this feature is enabled, the message "You have new mail" will be displayed when new unread mail is waiting your mail box.